Candle Tips for Success
- Always follow the safety precautions on the bottom of your candle.
- For the first burn, let your candle burn as long as possible, up to 4 hours.
- Trim your wicks! If you do not own a wick trimmer, you can buy one, but we have also found success without one. For the wooden wicks, ensure the candle is fully cooled then pinch the wick with a tissue and pull away the wick that breaks off.
- When in doubt, reach out! If you're unsure if something about your candle is normal, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for help. Despite product testing, every candle is unique and can vary.
Shipping + Returns
- When should I expect my candle?
Candles orders are packaged and shipped within 3 business days. We ship through USPS and shipping times can vary - usual shipping time is 3 to 5 business days within the US.
- Do you ship internationally?
No, we currently only ship within the United States. We are working on learning more about international shipping to be able to provide customers with the best rates and service.
- My product came damaged, what do I do?
If you have any issues with your order please reach out to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or social media with an image of your damaged order. We will work with you to provide a resolution based on the issue.
- Do you accept returns? Please review our return policy.
- My candle is tunneling (burning down the middle only).
Candles can do this when we only light them for a short period of time. Here are some tips to resolve:
- If your candle is new, during your next burn leave the candle lit for 2 to 4 hours to allow it to self correct.
- If your candle tunneling is, well, bad... Check out this YouTube video.
- My candle smells fine unlit, but not when I light it. It is recommended that the candles set for 2 weeks before lighting. For custom candles, you will be receiving them before the full two weeks has completed. For best results, you can wait to light your candle for a week after receiving. If you experience this issue, you are welcome to reach out! This may be something we can improve.
- Do you take custom orders? Yes, we have custom orders we can make for wholesale or individuals. For wholesale, please contact us. For individual orders, please see our Custom products to view your options.
- What is the process for an individual custom order? Once placing a custom order, we will confirm the scent and message. You will get a preview of the message before we fire the clay and make the message permanent on your custom piece. ❤️ For custom pieces we give a 3 week delivery timeline to allow for us to make our piece from scratch. It goes from a ball of clay into your custom candle.
- What is the process for an wholesale custom order? Please reach out to us to determine if your custom order is one we can manage. This is a one person shop and some requests may be out of our timeline or ability. If Clay and Candles can make it happen, you will get a sample pack with the custom scents chosen before we make the order. After the scents are approved, we will share the updates of the order as we progress from custom ceramics to the pour date and shipping. ❤️